Learn how to use internet-based PECOS for Medicare supplier enrollment with 3 simple steps!
Medicare Supplier Enrollment
Physicians and non-physician practitioners may access Internet-based PECOS by using the User IDs and passwords established when they applied online to the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) for their National Provider Identifiers (NPIs). If you have forgotten your User ID/password or otherwise need assistance in this regard, contact the NPI Enumerator at 1-800-465-3203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log onto Internet-based PECOS with your NPPES User ID and password.
- Complete, review, and submit an electronic enrollment application. Internet-based PECOS will walk you through the application process and supply you with a 2-page Certification Statement for each enrollment application submitted.
- Mail the original signed Certification Statement from Internet-based PECOS and supporting documents to the Medicare contractor within 15 days of your electronic submission.
Advantages of Internet-based PECOS VS. Paper CMS-855
- Faster than paper-based enrollment (45-day processing time in most cases, vs. 60 days for paper)
- Easy to check and update your information for accuracy
Please refer to the helpful links below, including an example of online enrollment: