These avocados are stuffed with a flavorful southwest mixture of shrimp, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro. It’s an easy, tasty lunch, snack, or even dinner!
I prefer to buy the raw shrimp and devein and cook myself, rather than the majority that are precooked. It makes all the difference in my opinion.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lb. small/medium cocktail shrimp
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the "bowl”.
- Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Heat water to boiling in a medium pot. Meanwhile, shell and devein shrimp.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add shrimp and cook just until pink and slightly firm to the touch, about 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Add lime juice. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.