Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all some fun plans in store for the weekend, whether that means going out with friends or hanging out at home/ This week on Anodyne’s Summer Recipe Edition, I am giving you the most SATISFYING snack imaginable. Believe it or not, this snack will satisfy those dessert cravings, while filling you up. Wondering what I’m making?!This week’s recipe is peanut butter & chocolate chip energy balls. The recipe contains FOUR simple ingredients…that’s it! Each ingredient is shelf stable, so the likelihood that they are already in your pantry is quite high. Even though the simplicity of this recipe might leave you thinking the energy balls may be bland, think twice. These do not disappoint! I’m giving you my word on that one.
The versatility of the energy balls is hard to beat. They may be used as a mid-morning snack, dessert, pre/post gym snack, or even a sweet breakfast if you have a few! Additionally, the combination of ingredients is perfect to avoid blood sugar spikes and keep blood sugar levels stable. Can’t wait to hear what you think, because this may or may not be be my favorite recipe shared to date!!! 😊
The perfect summer snack or dessert to SATISFY and crush any cravings you may be having...in a healthier way of course!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup Oats (I use a mixture of rolled and old-fashioned, but either work great)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
Optional: Add flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts, nuts, etc.
1. Place peanut butter in a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl and microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
2. Add the oats and honey to the mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients start to come together.
3. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix until they are evenly distributed.
4. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 10-15 minutes.
5. Using a spoon, scoop and roll the mixture into balls. Store balls in the refrigerator and enjoy!